Location: Lat: 45° 25' 16" N, Long: 71° 36' 35" W
From Lennoxville, take Route 108 East to the town of Cookshire. Continue through the town and the cemetery is on the right side of the road.
The present Cookshire Cemetery was established in 1885, when it was decided that the old burying ground in the center of town should be moved. The headstones and remains were removed from this original site and deposited at the present site east of the town. This included the remains of Captain John Cook who came from Wallingford, Connecticut and died in 1819 and for whom the town was named; Orsamus Bailey, one of the original settlers, who was born in Methuen, Massachusetts and Henry Sunbury, who came from Germany to Massachusetts and then to Quebec.
The cemetery is in very good condition with paved lanes and nearly all stones are legible.
We last visited this cemetery in July 2015, and photographed all monuments.
Leslie Nutbrown [email@example.com]Total Records: 1,665Last Updated: January 14, 2017
Legend: s/w = shares a stone with one or more people