Location: The town of Compton is located on Route 147 about half way between Lennoxville and Coaticook. The cemetery is located near the junction of Routes 147 and Routes 208 and beside St. James Anglican Church.
This cemetery is sometimes referred to as Saint James Anglican Church cemetery.
This cemetery is an old one containing the graves of the areas first settlers. There are many stones dating from the early 1800's and some of the people buried here were born in the 1700's. Many old stones are getting difficult to read but the cemetery is well maintained and for the most part flat. It is used today.
We last visited this cemetery in 2016, and most of the information presented here was obtained from the monuments. We have photographs of all legible tombstones. Some additional information was obtained from church records and indicated by (CR).
Leslie & Susan Nutbrown [email@example.com]Total Records: 926Last updated: December 7, 2016